Development Plan - background information and studies
We have undertaken a number of background studies which provide information to support decision-making in the process. We also use information from a variety of sources to monitor, review and formulate planning policies.
What are the current background studies?
- The Employment Land Audit [853Kb] is prepared annually and highlights all the land identified for business and industrial use within our Local Development Plan. The audit provides information on how much land there is available, where it is and whether it is available for development. Each employment land site can be found on the Perth and Kinross Open Data website.
- The Scottish Vacant and Derelict Land Survey (SVDLS) is an annual survey undertaken to establish the extent and state of vacant and derelict land in Scotland. The main purpose of the survey is to provide a national dataset which can encourage the development or re-use of these sites, in accordance with the Local Development Plan and associated policy. Further information for each SVDLS site within the PKC area can be found on the Perth and Kinross Open Data website.
- Housing Land Audit 2019 [3Mb] provides a factual statement of land supply within our area. Only sites of 5 or more units are included, this survey was undertaken in March 2019. View the interactive housing land audit site map.
- Strategic environmental assessment - all of the Plans and their supporting documents need to have their effects on the environment assessed. This is done through the SEA process. The SEA documents are available on the TAYplan and the .
- Retail Studies: we regularly commission studies to ensure we understand the shopping habits of residents and visitors and to ensure the supply of floorspace is sufficient to meet our needs. We also use them to ensure the vitality and viability of existing town centres. You can view and download the Perth and Kinross Retail Study 2014 [3Mb], the past studies are available from the downloads section on this page.
- Auchterarder Retail Study May 2013 [2Mb] was commissioned to identify potential capacity for a new food store, this did not inform the Local Development Plan.
- TEF Management Plan: the Tay Estuary Forum has a 5 year Management Plan, it is a non-statutory document aimed at promoting the sustainable management of the Tay Estuary. The Management Plan and information on the Forum's annual conference are available on the TEF Management Plan website.
- Population data: we also use the census and other population data . This is available elsewhere on the website and from the National Records of Scotland.
- Perth West Charrette and Masterplan Framework: this Masterplan Framework is currently being prepared to clarify the future opportunities for the whole area, issues and place qualities that need to be considered in developing a masterplan.