Local Development Plan - research & information
Background research, information and studies used to prepare the Local Development Plan and support wider planning activities.
We use information from a variety of sources to monitor, review and formulate planning policies. This page contains material from studies, research and consultations which we have undertaken to support the decision-making process.
- The Employment Land Audit (2020) [989Kb] is prepared annually to provide up to date and accurate information on the supply and availability of employment land for business and industrial use within the Perth and Kinross Council area. Each Employment Land Audit site, including the areas identified as serviced can be viewed on our PKC Investment, Employment and Serviced Land Audit Story Map (Last Updated Sept 2020). This spatial overview also includes relevant planning applications, employment take up, investment opportunities not identified within the ELA, employment safeguarding, tourism allocations, related sale schedules and photographs of each site. In addition, the ELA data can be viewed and downloaded from Perth and Kinross Open Data website.
- The Scottish Vacant and Derelict Land Survey (SVDLS) establishes the extent and state of vacant and derelict land in Scotland. The main purpose of the survey is to provide a national dataset which can encourage the development or re-use of these sites, in accordance with the Local Development Plan and associated policy. Further information for each SVDLS site within the PKC area can be found on the Perth and Kinross Open Data website.
- The Housing Land Audit 2020 [2Mb] provides a factual statement of housing land supply within our area. Only sites of 5 or more units are included, this survey was undertaken in March 2020. You can view sites using our interactive housing land audit site map.
In 2017, we produced a set of Infrastructure Capacity Reports which highlight current infrastructure provisions in larger settlements and any shortfall which could be addressed through the Local Development Plan. The reports include information on population growth, community facilities, open space, transport infrastructure, education and health as well as energy and water infrastructure:
- Aberfeldy [3Mb]
- Alyth & New Alyth [2Mb]
- Auchterarder [3Mb]
- Blairgowrie & Rattray [3Mb]
- Coupar Angus [2Mb]
- Crieff [3Mb]
- Dunkeld & Birnam [3Mb]
- Kinross & Milnathort [3Mb]
- Perth City [3Mb]
- Perth Core Villages [766Kb]
- Pitlochry [3Mb]
Charettes & community consultation
Between 2014 and 2016, Perth and Kinross Council worked in partnership with a number of local Community Councils to undertake a series of community design workshops in key settlements across the area. The objective was to work with local communities and key stakeholders, in identifying a town's strengths, weaknesses, as well as opportunities to help mitigate the social, environmental and economic challenges, towns across Scotland are facing. In total, five charrettes were undertaken, each of the reports can be accessed below:
- Aberfeldy Community Charrette [9Mb]
- Auchterarder Community Charrette [10Mb]
- Bridgend Community Charrette [7Mb]
- Blairgowrie Community Charrette [19Mb]
- Crieff Community Charrette [8Mb]
Other studies & research
The Perth and Kinross Town Centre and Retail Study [4Mb] was updated in 2016. We regularly commission studies to ensure we understand the shopping habits of residents and visitors and that the supply of floorspace is sufficient to meet our needs. We also use them to ensure the vitality and viability of existing town centres in Perth, Aberfeldy, Auchterarder, Blairgowrie, Crieff, Kinross and Pitlochry.