Late hours catering licence

A late hour catering licence is needed by all places serving food, whether on a "sit-in" or "carry-out" basis, between the hours of 11 pm in the evening and 5 am the following morning.

View the icon guidance notes on late hours catering licences [27Kb] for more information and exemptions.

If you are a current licence holder and wish to vary your licence, please view the icon Guidance note for a material change in circumstances [4Kb] and complete the icon Material Change in Circumstances application form [120Kb]. The application fee is £70.

How much does a licence cost?

The application fee payable depends on the length of licence that you want.  A one year licence is £355 and a three year licence is £410.

The fees change every year so check with the licensing office before you send payment.

How do I apply?

Apply online

If you have difficulty applying online please contact the Licensing Department on (01738) 475180.

What happens if the Council fails to make a decision on my application within 6 months (180 days)

The licence will be granted or renewed.

Contact details

Civic Licensing (applications and payments)

Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
Tel 01738 475180