Hypnotist authorisation

Any exhibition, demonstration or performance of hypnotism on any person within Perth and Kinross requires the authorisation of the Local Authority as set out in the Hypnotism Act 1952.

Applying for authorisation

An application for authorisation must be made in writing and signed by the applicant or his agent.

To make an application for authorisation simply download and complete an icon Hypnotist Licence Application form [58Kb] or icon Hypnotist Licence Application form [100Kb] in Word format, and return it to Perth & Kinross Council, Food, Health and Safety Team, The Environment Service, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth  PH1 5GD.

Further information

For further information on authorisation of displays of hypnotism, contact the Food, Health and Safety Team on 01738 476476 or email FoodHealthandSafety@pkc.gov.uk

Contact details

Food, Health and Safety

Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
Tel 01738 476476