Highland area path closures
Falls of Bruar. Due to essential tree work at the Falls of Bruar, periodic path closures will take place on the paths [929Kb] till the end of March to allow the work to be carried out safely. There will always be access right up to the Upper Bridge, either on the West or East bank but at times it will not be possible to complete the circuit, walkers will need to return the same way. Access onto the bridges to take photos will be maintained.
Cally Woods at Craig a Barns. Due to tree felling paths will be closed from February to the end of March [1Mb], including paths to the 'Rocking Stone'. The area will be replanted approximately 12 months time after harvesting. Please follow all signs for your own safety. Further information can be had from Atholl Estates.
- Meggernie Estate - Over the next 2-3 (until 2019-20) years a significant part of Kerrowmore Forest will be felled and replanted as a native pinewood. During this period it will be essential to completely close the Kerrowmore paths to public access for safety reasons. The path network around Innerwick and through the Ben Meggernie Birchwood will remain open as usual..
- Braan Path - Due to a landslide on the Braan path between the Inver car park and the Hermitage, close to the bridge over the River Braan, this section of the path is closed. An alternative route passes through Inver.
- Clunie Path - The Clunie Path is currently partially obstructed by tree works so the full circular route is difficult.
- Core paths STAN/117 & STAN/148 between Luncarty and Stanley [2Mb] do not currently exist - future route only.
- Kenmore - The chinese bridge [1Mb] on the Taymouth Estate at Kenmore is currently being repaired and is closed to allow works. There is also scaffolding on and below the bridge which is restricting headroom for water users passing below the bridge on the river Tay. Warning notices have been placed at water entry points upstream of the bridge.
- Dunkeld - Craigvinean Douglas Fir Wood Closures. Due to harvesting work parts of the Core Path network in Craigvinean at the Douglas Fir Wood will be closed, from 21st May 2018. Please see map detailing the sections that will be closed [3Mb], and the suggested diversion we will highlight to our visitors. Please follow diversion signs at the starting points of the diverting sections and Quarry car park.
- Kindrogan Hill - Due to an outbreak of Phytopthora ramorum in the larch trees above the Kindrogan field centre, core paths into Kindrogan Wood will be closed over the coming months to enable the affected trees to be felled. Core paths MTBL/105 and MTBL/134 will both be diverted [1Mb]. Please follow Forestry Commission diversions posted locally. The paths will be closed until at least March 2019.
- Dunkeld House Hotel - Advance notice of path closure from Dunkeld House Hotel to Jubilee Bridge from 4th March 2019 for at least 8 weeks for path upgrading. Its recommended that touring & road bikes use Regional Route 83 [1Mb], while Inver & Fiddler's paths [1Mb] are good alternatives for walkers. Contact Lindsey Gibb PKCT for further details firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that occasionally paths may be closed to the public due to events taking place in the surrounding area. Current exemption orders can be viewed on our rights and responsibilities page.
If you come across any problems on the paths, including signposts and path furniture such as stiles and gates, please report them to us by contacting email@example.com or calling 01738 475000.