Community Investment Fund
Please note this fund is now closed for applications
The Community Investment Fund (CIF) provides £1.2 million to community led projects over 2018/19 and 2019/20.
Applications and funding
Who can apply?
Applications will be accepted from a wide range of community organisations including not-for-profit groups, Community Councils, Development Trusts, Parent Teacher partnerships, registered charities, and social enterprises. Your group does not need to be fully constituted to apply, but must have access to an appropriate bank account. Businesses and individuals cannot apply.
What you can apply for?
You can apply for any sum from £3,000-£50,000 to fund, or part fund, projects which improve equality and quality of life in your area. Successful applications must focus on one or more of the priority areas set out in Section 4 of the Application Form. More information is provided in the CIF Application Guidance [380Kb] and CIF Scoring Template [209Kb].
The outcomes for applications for the second tranche of round two of the Community Investment Fund will be considered by the Strategic Policy & Resources Committee on 25th March 2020.
|Ward||Funding available - second tranche|
|1 - Carse of Gowrie||£30,768.62|
|2 - Strathmore||£22,908.60|
|3 - Blairgowrie and Glens||£23,333.00|
|4 - Highland||£29,000.00|
|5 - Strathtay||£24,704.59|
|6 - Strathearn||£18,738.29|
|7 - Strathallan||£20,565.00|
|8 - Kinross-shire||£50,297.01|
|9 - Almond and Earn||£30,950.40|
|10 - Perth City South||£22,929.81|
|11 - Perth City North||£19,121.18|
|12 - Perth City Centre||-|
We are happy to fund
- Community management of a local facility
- Improvements to a community asset
- Developing an outdoor space for community use
- Purchasing equipment or materials that will benefit the local community
- Community events or a programme of activities
- Sessional staff to support community based activities
- Training for community members if it can be shown to benefit the wider community
- Promotion and publicity for community activities, programmes or development activities
- New or innovative services, designed to tackle inequalities
What we will not fund
- A project which has already been funded by the Community Investment Fund
- Costs which are part of an organisations core business (e.g. maintenance, core salary costs, promoting services which you already deliver)
- Professional fees such as lawyers, architects, accountants or consultants
- Activities which collect funds for redistribution to other charities or individuals
- Promotion of a religious or political cause
- Research projects
- Projects that take place on private land, and are not accessible to the community
- Flights, or travel outside Scotland
How do I apply?
Please note the deadline for applications for the Community Investment Fund 2019/20 has now past.
Please get in touch with any questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01738 475307.