Mobile navigation

Community Asset Transfer

Community Asset Transfer (CAT) allows community groups to request ownership, leasing or access rights for Council-owned property as well property owned by other public bodies.

List of property assets

View a list of  PKC-owned sites (Excel doc) [70KB] ; this list of assets is currently being reviewed and may not be completely accurate.

Making a request

If your community group is interested in exploring an asset transfer for a Council property, please fill out an Expression of Interest Form (PDF) [244KB] , also available in Word format (Word doc) [1MB] . We advise you contact the Council prior to filling out the form for support and advice. Your group should also read through our Community Asset Transfer Toolkit (PDF) [1MB]  and you can complete the exercises in Toolkit Section 2 (PDF) [397KB] to help you determine whether or not your group is ready to go through the CAT process.

Working with groups

Upon submitting an Expression of Interest Form, the Council will gather and share relevant information to help your group consider the options available. View the  guidance for making an Community Asset Transfer Request (PDF) [291KB]  to help your group through the process.

If your group still wish to proceed with the asset transfer, your group will need to prepare a robust business plan for the property and submit a Community Asset Transfer Request form Stage 2 (PDF) [344KB] , also available in Word format (Word doc) [7MB] .

Considering requests

The Council will consider all requests for asset transfer on the potential benefits for your community using the Community Asset Transfer Scoring Matrix (PDF) [450KB] .

The Community Asset Transfer case library has all the documentation for transfer request that have reached stage 2.


Each year we report on Asset Transfer activity in Perth and Kinross Council. For more information, please read our reports:

For more information, please contact the Community Planning Team by telephoning 07799 476771 or emailing

Last modified on 20 May 2024

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon