Accessing social care for adults
Our Early Intervention and Prevention Team is now the first point of contact for people who need access to health and social care services.
If you are over 16 and think you require any kind of social care then you can contact the Early Intervention and Prevention Team.
The team is available from Monday to Friday, between 8.45 am and 5.00 pm by phone on 0345 30 111 20 or by email at AccessTeam@pkc.gov.uk. The number 0345 30 111 20 can be used outwith these hours to connect to the out-of-hours social work service.
The Early Intervention and Prevention Team can offer advice and information on a range of services including:
- Support tocarers including advice, respite breaks and day care.
- Care at Home services including reablement, meals service and telecare (including community alarm).
- Access to residential care, or services for learning disability, mental health or addiction.
- Welfare rights, which includes advice about benefits and the Scottish Welfare Fund.
- Occupational Therapy service to help you remain independent through the provision of equipment and adaptations.
- Referral for Social Work Support.
For new clients we will carry out Early Intervention and Prevention work in localities for up to 12 weeks. This work will be supported by a range of partners including GP's and 3rd sector organisations and will provide the focussed support needed for people to live more independently in their communities—providing care and support at the right time, in the right place, when it is most needed.
New clients with more complex needs who require more than 12 weeks' support will be transferred to a key worker within their local area who will continue to work with them in their community to achieve their identified outcomes.
If you are in crisis, or you are calling on behalf of someone who is in crisis, the Early Intervention and Prevention Team can provide immediate assistance. Call 0345 30 111 20
If you already receive a social care service, you should get in touch with your current key worker and they will deal with any enquiries you have.