Mobile navigation

Make a public liability claim

If you have suffered property damage or personal injury that you consider to have been caused by Perth & Kinross Council, you may be able to claim compensation.

Compensation will only be considered if it can be shown that the Council is legally liable. This will involve the claimant proving that the Council has been negligent in their obligations to the public.

Claiming compensation

If you wish to make a claim, complete a  public liability claim form (Word doc) [83KB]  and email this to or send to:

Insurance and Claims Team
Perth & Kinross Council
2 High Street

If you have any queries regarding submitting a claim, phone 01738 475657.

To avoid any delays with processing your claim, please ensure the form is fully completed and all supporting documentation has been provided.

Processing your claim

Our insurer Zurich Municipal is the appointed claims handlers for Perth & Kinross Council and all claims are independently assessed by them.  No time scale can be provided for a decision with regards liability, as each claim is assessed on an individual basis and can take varying lengths of time to investigate.

Fair processing notice

This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end will use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.

Last modified on 13 November 2018

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon