Mobile navigation

How do I complain?


You can use this form to let us know if:

  • you are unhappy about something we have done or not done
  • we have failed to provide a service or to your satisfaction
  • we have not followed correct procedures

Submit your complaint online

Further information is available in the Council's Complaints Handling Procedure (PDF) [637KB] .

What you can't complain about using this form

There are some things we can't deal with through our complaints handling procedure. 

We have included links to direct you to further information on how to follow up your enquiry:

Contact our Customer Service Centre

Our Customer Service Advisors are available to log a complaint on your behalf Monday to Friday from 8.45 am to 5.00 pm.

  • Email
  • Telephone the Customer Service Centre on 01738 475000
  • Write to the Customer Service Centre, Perth & Kinross Council, Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD

When complaining, tell us

  • Your full name and address
  • As much as you can about the complaint
  • What has gone wrong
  • How you want us to resolve the matter.

We value all customer feedback and use it to help us improve our services.

Care complaints

If your complaint relates to a care service we provide through our social work services, you can choose whether to complain to us or the Care Inspectorate:

Care Inspectorate
Compass House
Riverside Drive

Tel: 0345 600 9527

Council housing complaints

If you are a tenant of the Council and you are unhappy about the services you receive or have issues about the way we are operating, you can use the above complaints procedure to report  your concerns. If you feel that our response to your complaint is unsatisfactory you can report this to the Scottish Housing Regulator.

Additional Support for Learning - Resolving disagreements

The Education (Additional Support for Learning) (Scotland) Act 2004 (as amended) introduced ways of resolving disagreements where a child or young person has additional support needs. These include discussions with the school/nursery, independent mediation, applying for dispute resolution or making a referral to the Additional Support Needs Tribunals for Scotland.

Further information is available in our Information Sheet on Resolving Disagreements (PDF) [52KB] .

How we deal with complaints

We will always tell you who is dealing with your complaint. We deal with complaints in two ways:

Stage 1 - Frontline Resolution (FLR)

We aim to resolve complaints as quickly as possible. This could mean an on-the-spot apology or explanation if something has clearly gone wrong, and action to resolve the problem within five working days unless there are exceptional circumstances.

Where we can't resolve your concern at this point, or if you are unhappy with the outcome of our action, of if we consider the matter is serious or complex, we will handle your concern as an investigation as the next stage in our process.

Stage 2 - Investigation

Stage 2 deals with complaints that have not been resolved at Stage 1 and those that are serious or complex and require detailed investigation. An Investigating Officer will be allocated to your complaint and will discuss your complaint details and the expected outcomes with you.

We will acknowledge your stage 2 complaint within three working days and respond within 20 working days, or where this is not possible, we will agree revised timescales with you and keep you updated on progress.

Last modified on 10 January 2024

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon