Schools - additional support
The Education (Additional Support for Learning) (Scotland) Act came into effect in November 2005 and introduced new rights for parents and new duties on Education Authorities.
Education and Children's Services within Perth and Kinross Council has a duty to make adequate and efficient provision for the additional support of each child and young person with additional support needs for whose education they are responsible.
All children and young people with additional support needs are supported wherever possible within mainstream education or within a range of specialist provision. There is one all-through special school ( Fairview School) (2 - 18 years). This is located on a mainstream campus between Perth Academy and Viewlands Primary School.
Further information regarding Additional Support Needs can be found in the following information sheets:
- Sheet 1 - Introducing the Act [43Kb]
- Sheet 2 - Rights of Parents and Young People [46Kb]
- Sheet 3 - Providing Additional Support [46Kb]
- Sheet 4 - Identifying Monitoring and Reviewing [41Kb]
- Sheet 5 - Educational Plans [43Kb]
- Sheet 6 - Additional Support Meetings [40Kb]
- Sheet 7 - Resolving Disagreements [52Kb]
- Sheet 8 - Sources of Support and Advice [49Kb]
- Sheet 9 - Providing Additional Support for Children Under 5 [35Kb]
- Sheet 10 - Individualised Educational Programmes (IEP) [83Kb]
- Sheet 11 - Planning for Changes in Education - Transition [41Kb]
- Sheet 12 - Preparing for Adulthood - Post School Transitions [45Kb]