Inveralmond recycling centre
Inveralmond Industrial Estate, Perth, PH1 3EE
Monday - Friday 9.00 - 19.00
Saturday and Sunday 9.00 - 17.00
Recycling centres are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year Day and 2nd January.
The recycling centre will accept the following materials:
- Bicycles (unless you are able to donate it directly to The Bike Station Perth)
- Books (in reusable condition, those that cannot be reused can be recycled with paper)
- Bulky Goods
- Cans ( Aluminium, Steel, Aerosols & Aluminium Foil, Sweet & Biscuit Tins)
- Car Batteries
- Cooking Oil
- Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE - remove and recycle any batteries separately)
- Engine Oil
- Fluorescent, LED & Long Life Light Bulbs
- Food & Drink Cartons (Tetrapacks)
- Fridges & Freezers
- Garden Waste
- Household Batteries
- Large Domestic Appliances
- Non-Recyclable Waste (General Waste)
- Rigid Plastic Packaging
- Scrap Metal
- Telephone Directories
- Textiles (Clothes & Shoes)
- Tyres (maximum two per day).
LPG Gas Bottles should be returned to the supplier and are usually refillable. A range of companies are happy to receive them for reuse for free.
Will free compost be made available?
Yes, subject to availability. A maximum of 2 x 25 kg bags per day.
Unfortunately this Recycling Centre cannot be used to dispose of any commercial waste or recycling.
Any commercial type vehicles wishing to use any of Perth and Kinross Council's Recycling Centres must apply for the appropriate Recycling Permit. Information on the types of Permits offered, and how to apply can be found the Recycling Centre Permits page.
Commercial traders looking to recycle glass, rigid plastic packaging, metal packaging, paper and cardboard will have to do so at Friarton recycling centre.
Commercial traders are permitted to use the weighbridge at Friarton Depot to pay by cash (or enquire about setting up an account with the weighbridge operative) for the disposal of garden, general and inert waste (rubble, soil, stones) daily between the hours of 7:30am - 4pm (check festive opening arrangements for exceptions).