Kinross recycling centre
Bridgend Industrial Estate, KY13 8GA
Monday to Friday 9.00 - 19.00
Saturday and Sunday 9.00 - 17.00
Recycling Centres are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year Day and 2nd January.
The recycling centre will accept the following materials:
- Bicycles (unless you are able to donate it directly to The Bike Station Perth)
- Books (in reusable condition, those that cannot be reused can be recycled with paper)
- Bulky Goods
- Cans ( Aluminium, Steel, Aerosols & Aluminium Foil, Sweet & Biscuit Tins)
- Car Batteries
- Cooking Oil
- Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE - remove and recycle any batteries separately)
- Engine Oil
- Fluorescent, LED & Long Life Light Bulbs
- Food & Drink Cartons (Tetrapacks)
- Fridges & Freezers
- Garden Waste
- Household Batteries
- Large Domestic Appliances
- Non-Recyclable Waste (General Waste)
- Rigid Plastic Packaging
- Scrap Metal
- Telephone Directories
- Textiles (Clothes & Shoes)
- Tyres (maximum two per day).
LPG Gas Bottles should be returned to the supplier and are usually refillable. A range of companies are happy to receive them for reuse for free.
Will free compost be made available?
Yes, subject to availability. A maximum of 2 x 25 kg bags per day.
All commercial traders and commercial type vehicles wishing to use any of Perth and Kinross Council's Recycling Centres must apply for the appropriate Recycling Permit. Information on the types of Permits offered, and how to apply can be found the Recycling Centre Permits page.
Please note that permit holders accessing Recycling Centres with a vehicle and/or trailer of a length that is liable to cause delay or disruption to the operation of the site will be asked to wait until such time as the site can accommodate them. This may be the case particularly during the busy periods of 10am-12pm and 3pm-5pm Monday to Sunday. For information on opening days and times, visit our Recycling Centres pages.
Businesses with a Commercial Permit will be able to use this Recycling Centre, free-of-charge, to dispose of paper, cardboard, metal packaging (cans, tins, aerosol cans), rigid plastic packaging, and glass bottles and jars,
For further information on what additional chargeable commercial waste/recycling materials can be taken to the Recycling Centres at Aberfeldy, Auchterarder, Bankfoot, Blairgowrie, Crieff, Kinross and Pitlochry, please contact the Council's Customer Service Centre on 01738 476476 or visit our Commercial Permit page.
The Council also offers a range of Commercial Waste and Recycling Services.