Mobile navigation

Planning enforcement

Report a planning breach online

If you are aware of any suspected unauthorised development or works taking place, you can report it to the enforcement team using our online breach of planning form. 

Planning Enforcement Officers are currently dealing with increased workloads. This may mean that there is a delay in responding to you. During this time, our priority will be to investigate ongoing works relating to the Priorities for Planning Enforcement listed on page 6 of the Planning Enforcement Charter (PDF) [925KB]  Thank you in advance for your patience.

What is planning enforcement

The majority of people adhere to the requirements of the statutory planning system and get the necessary planning permissions before starting work on any development.

Enforcement Notices

The Council as Planning Authority can issue enforcement notices when unauthorised development has taken place, including situations where an unauthorised change of use of land or buildings has occurred.

High hedges

The Scottish Government has passed legislation enabling householders to apply to the Council in specified circumstances for a high hedge notice to be served.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon