Find out changes to our services and advice in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Organising outdoor events

With more than 1,400 acres of parks and public spaces in and around Perth and Kinross, there is an abundance of choice for those wishing to organise an outdoor event.

Events in parks and open spaces - Covid -19 update

During the coronavirus pandemic measures to help safeguard everyone using our parks and open spaces are in place. These measures follow Scottish Government guidance and aim to reduce social contact as much as possible. Please visit our Coronavirus: Parks and open spaces page for the latest updates.

Event Organisers should be aware that PKC Community Greenspace are accepting all bookings on condition that all operational plans are adequate and that a suitable COVID 19 Risk Mitigation plan is received in advance of the event. Most obviously a COVID 19 Risk Mitigation plan can only follow on from the event organiser once the Government guidelines are published.

Each event will be subject to the Safety Advisory Group process and a final sign off, approval will be given to the event taking place.

If you have an event planned in one of our parks or greenspaces and want to discuss how this will affect you, please contact us via

What is required for booking my event on a community greenspace site?

In order to confirm your booking we require a completed events application pack, further details can be found in the icon parks events Q&A [289Kb].

This application pack should include the following:

Please view our map of parks and open spaces that are available for hire in Perth and Kinross.

Event charges

Commercial BookingsPer day on site
North Inch/South Inch/Lesser South Inch£355
All other parks and open spaces£146
Small enterprise commercial event£60
Balloon flights£24
Caravan rallies/Camping - per unit per night£9
Liberation of pigeons - per vehicle£28
NEW Concessions Day Rate£21
  1. Days on site charge includes the days taken to set up and take down events
  2. There will be a £530 refundable deposit for smaller events to deter fly posting and pay for any cost incurred by the council should any fly posting need to be removed.
  3. There will be a £5000 refundable bond for larger events to cover any reinstatement works.
  4. 25% of all parking charges levied by event organisers will be passed to the Council where vehicles have been parked on public greenspace.
  5. NEW Facilities cleaning recharge full cost recovery
  6. NEW Late event bookings will incur a surcharge:  Non-commercial bookings £25, Commercial bookings 25% of booking fee.

Some non-commercial bookings will incur an administration charge, which is below the level of commercial charges and related to expected attendance.  This will be:

  • Up to 100 persons   - £0.00
  • 101- 500 persons    - £59.00   
  • 501 - 1000 persons - £88.00
  • Over 1000 persons - £117.00      

For further information, please contact our Parks, Facilities and Events Officer on 01738 475393 or email

Community run parks

Methven Park is owned by the people of Methven and run by a volunteer management committee.

Hiring / use of urban or public spaces

If you would like to book a public space in Perth & Kinross city or town centres such as Perth High Street, King Edward Street, St James Square Crieff etc, please read our icon conditions of hire [180Kb] and complete either:

and return to along with:

  • Risk Assessment
  • Copy of Public Liability Insurance Certificate (at least £5 million)

Please note that sending the booking form does not confirm your booking. Full terms and conditions will be sent with confirmation of booking.

Alternatively, if you have any queries please contact Place Development on 01738 475728/7 or Customer Services on 01738 475000.

Contact details

Community Greenspace

Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
Tel 01738 476476