Accessible paths: Strathearn area
Some paths are ideally suited for those who are less able to cross rough ground. The paths featured here are especially suitable for those in wheelchairs, those with young children either in prams or who are learning to walk or cycle, and anyone who is unsure of their footing.
The paths listed below detail some of the more accessible paths on council land and links are provided to some additional paths. Locations of the nearest car park and public toilet is given. The links offer photographs and mapping information of the paths where available, these can be used to judge the nature of the individual paths.
A 2.5km long path linking the Public Park to Abbey Road, partly following the lade and burn.
- Parking: Car park at the public park.
- Toilet: Crown Wynd, High Street
- Photoview of the Provost's Walk [1Mb]
Bennybeg between Crieff & Muthill off A822
A 1 mile circular path amid farmland with a level firm surface. Passes pond and craigs.
- Parking: Bennybeg off A822 disabled spaces at gate
- Toilet: James Square, Crieff or private within cafe.
- Bennybeg Path leaflet [1Mb]
- Photoview of Muthill - Bennybeg path [766Kb]
Crieff - River Earn Path at Stuart Crystal on A822
A very short 250m level, surfaced path to seated viewpoint of the river alongside a field.
- Parking: Stuart Crystal Visitor Centre off A822 south of Crieff
- Toilet: James Square, Crieff or private within Visitor Centre cafe
- Photoview of Crieff, south River Earn path [1Mb]
Crieff, River Earn Path in Crieff
An 800m long level, surfaced path linking Sauchie Road with Ford Road passing alongside playing fields.
- Parking: On street
- Toilet: James Square, Crieff
- Photoview of Crieff, River Earn path [2Mb]
View our Strathearn area path closures page for information regarding path closures.
If you come across any problems on the paths, including signposts and path furniture such as stiles and gates, please report them to us by contacting email@example.com or calling 01738 475000.