Schools - additional support
The Education (Additional Support for Learning) (Scotland) Act came into effect in November 2005 and introduced new rights for parents and new duties on Education Authorities.
Education and Children's Services within Perth and Kinross Council has a duty to make adequate and efficient provision for the additional support of each child and young person with additional support needs for whose education they are responsible.
All children and young people with additional support needs are supported wherever possible within mainstream education or within a range of specialist provision. There is one all-through special school Fairview School (2 - 18 years). This is located on a mainstream campus between Perth Academy and Viewlands Primary School.
Further information regarding Additional Support Needs can be found in the following information sheets*:
- Leaflet 1 Does my child have ASN [119Kb]
- Leaflet 2 How will my childs Additional Support Needs be met [135Kb]
- Leaflet 3 What type of plan might my child need [123Kb]
- Leaflet 4 What is a Child or Young Persons Plan meeting [124Kb]
- Leaflet 5 - Additional Support Needs - Resolving Disagreements [149Kb]
- Leaflet 6 What support is available in Early Years [121Kb]
- Leaflet 7 Transitions [156Kb]
- Leaflet 8 Placing Requests [140Kb]
- Leaflet 9 How does the Law support children young people and parents [156Kb]
- Leaflet 10 As a parent and as a yp what can I ask for [127Kb]
- Leaflet 11 Outreach Support Service [124Kb]