Find out changes to our services and advice in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Insuring your household items

Information on insuring your belongings.

Your landlord is responsible for insuring the building you live in but not your contents. You, as the tenant are responsible for insuring your belongings against theft, fire flood and other potential damage.

Insurance scheme for Perth & Kinross Council tenants

Perth & Kinross Council has arranged an insurance scheme for its tenants with Royal & Sun Alliance.  It offers low cost peace of mind as well as easy weekly payments.

Participation in this scheme is not an official requirement but we strongly suggest that all our tenants have some form of contents insurance.

For more details about the Royal & Sun Alliance scheme, collect a leaflet from your local area office or call 0345 671 8172.