Macmillan Welfare Rights service
Perth & Kinross Council receives funding from Macmillan Cancer Support to provide an enhanced Welfare Rights service to people affected by cancer throughout Perth and Kinross.
This enhanced service includes:
- undertaking benefit checks
- arranging for benefits to be claimed and forms completed
- lodging benefit appeals and representation at appeal tribunals
- providing basic money/debt advice
- giving advice on any other available support you may be entitled to.
How do I access the service?
The Macmillan Welfare Rights workers provide a weekly outreach surgery on a drop-in basis at the Cornhill Macmillan Centre at Perth Royal Infirmary, Jeanfield Road, Perth, PH1 1NX (Tel: 01738 413000) every Wednesday morning between 10am and 12 noon and a monthly outreach surgery on a drop-in basis at Loch Leven Health, Muirs, Kinross, KY13 8FP (Tel: 01577 862112) on the 1st Friday of the month between 10am and 12 noon.
Just pop along - there is no need to make an appointment!
You can also get in touch by phoning the Welfare Rights Advice Line on 01738 476900 (Option 1) or by emailing WelfareRights@pkc.gov.uk.