Find out changes to our services and advice in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Rent arrears and advice

We know that some of our tenants may be feeling the pinch at the moment The Covid-19 pandemic is having a financial impact on many local households. If you are struggling to pay your rent or household bills, a range of financial help, support and advice is available in Perth and Kinross.

If you have built up any rent arrears over the last few months you should call us straight away. We can offer you a range of advice and support including referrals to make sure your income is maximised and consider other financial support like our Tenancy Sustainment Fund. 

It's vital you don't ignore your arrears, they can build up quickly and can become very difficult to pay back. If you are struggling to pay your rent or we have tried to contact you because you already have arrears please get in touch. We can discuss an affordable repayment plan and can put you in contact with our agencies who are here to help.

You may be entitled to housing benefit which could help with the cost of your rent. You may also qualify for help through our Tenancy Sustainment Fund. Phone your Housing Locality Team on 01738 476000 (option 2) to speak to us how we can help you.

Watch this short video where a tenant describes how we helped them when they got in touch about their arrears:

You can also use the following links to contact us:

It's always better to seek help before debt becomes a problem. Check our Feeling the Pinch? webpage to find out more information on the range of financial support and help available in Perth and Kinross.

Other local financial support

The Welfare Rights Team is available to ensure that the residents of Perth and Kinross are not missing out on their entitlement to benefits and other related help. The team provides a free, confidential and impartial benefits advice, information and appeal representation service. Call them on 01738 476900 or email

Perth and Kinross Citizens Advice Bureau provides free, confidential, impartial and independent advice for all those who live or work in Perth and Kinross.

Perth and Kinross Credit Union offers saving schemes such as the Budget Card Account to help manage your money and ensure that bills are paid.  icon The Budget Card Account [705Kb] has been introduced to make controlling your finances easier. The Credit Union also offers a range of ethical financial services such as low-interest loans.

National Debtline Scotland also has a free telephone helpline providing advice on budgeting and managing finances. Call 0808 808 4000, Monday to Friday between 9am to 9pm (Saturday 9.30am to 1pm). You can also chat or email them through their website.