Mobile navigation

Gambling licences

Registration of Non-Commercial Society

A small lottery registration issued by the Council allows small lotteries to be run for purposes other than private gain by societies (which includes clubs, institutions, organisations or branches of these) to raise money for charitable, sporting and other purposes.

A return form for a small lottery (PDF) [22KB]  should be completed after your lottery and returned to Chief Executive - Legal Services, Perth and Kinross Council, 2 High Street, Perth, PH1 5PH, showing:-

  • the total income from the lottery
  • the amount spent on expenses, e.g. printing tickets and purchasing prizes, and
  •  the balance which was allocated to the purpose of the lottery.

This must arrive at this office not later than the end of the third month after the date of the lottery.  

Should you wish to renew a registration, you should submit an application form to the above office prior to the expiry date.

How do I apply?

Download a Application for registration of non-commercial society (PDF) [125KB]  and return to the address shown.

How much does a licence cost?

The application fee payable is £40 for a first application and an annual fee of £20 is due thereafter. 

Last modified on 05 December 2016

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon