Mobile navigation

Animal licences

Animal Activities Licensing

The Licensable Activities covered by the legislation are: The sale of animals as pets in the course of a business Animal rehoming activities Operation of an animal welfare establishment Dog breeders, cat breeders and rabbit breeders

Dangerous wild animals licence

The keeping of certain species of wild animals is controlled by the The Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976.

Boarding animals licence

The keeping and running of animal boarding establishments (Catteries and Kennels) is controlled by the Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963.

Performing animals registration

If you intend to train or exhibit any performing animals for any public performance, for example in a theatre or public park, you need to be registered with the Local Authority. Registrations are issued under The Performing Animals (Regulation) Act 1925.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon