Mobile navigation


Excessive rain or melting snow can bring the threat of flooding but various organisations are there to help. In this section, you can view advice on how to protect your property and land, guidance on the roles and responsibilities of the different organisations and links to key web sites.

The Council works alongside its partners - Tayside Fire and Rescue, Tayside Police, SEPA and Scottish Water - to support residents and businesses affected by flooding.

Flooding organisations

Perth & Kinross Council

Council staff are on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week, and can be contacted for assistance on 01738 476476 in flood emergencies.

We can sometimes provide sandbags to properties in imminent danger of being flooded. Protecting property from flooding is the responsibility of the owner of the property, but we are keen to do as much as we can to help. Unfortunately we only have the resources to allow us to supply sandbags to residents where there is an imminent risk of flooding.

The Council will also clear up flood debris from footpaths and roads, and assists in the dispersal of flood water. We will liaise with Scottish Water and its contractors who have responsibility for the management of sewers.

Floodline, Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA)

Floodline is a 24-hour telephone information service operated by SEPA.  It relays recorded messages providing up to date information about flood alerts that are in force in Scotland.  Trained operators are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and provide practical advice on flood risk and what to do before, during and after a flood.

SEPA also provides a service where you can receive flooding alerts direct to your mobile phone.

Tel: 0345 988 1188
Website: Floodline Scotland

For more information about the causes of flooding and how to  prepare for a flood event, visit the SEPA Floodline website.

Scottish Water

Sewers are the duty of Scottish Water and they should be contacted on the number below if sewer water is flooding land or property.

Tel: 0800 0778 778
Website: Scottish water 

Tayside Fire and Rescue / Tayside Police

You should contact the emergency services if you feel your life or property may be at risk from flooding. In an emergency dial 999.

Road closures

View information on planned road closures and roadworks..

Information about emergency road closures:

Useful websites

Radio frequencies

Radio stationFrequency AMFrequency FMFrequency MW
Radio Tay (Perth)158496.4-
Radio Tay (outwith Perth)-97.5-
BBC Radio Scotland-92.4 - 94.7810
Radio Heartland1161102.8-

Flooding advice and support

Access useful contact telephone numbers and websites to view flood warnings and advice on flood risk.

Flood protection products

You can play an important role in making your property more resilient and helping to reduce the impact of flooding.

Dunkeld flood protection scheme

This web page will be periodically updated to keep you informed of progress on the Dunkeld Flood Protection Scheme. The next update is due in September 2024.

Craigie Burn Flood Protection Scheme

This website will be periodically updated to keep you informed on progress of the Craigie Burn Flood Protection Scheme. The next update is due September 2024.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon