A Registered Tenant Organisation (RTO) is an organisation who has earned the statutory right to be consulted on significant issues.
Tenant organisations which include tenants of Perth & Kinross Council can apply to become Registered with the Council. To qualify for registration, an organisation must recognise its responsibilities and agree to run its organisation in the following ways:
- to be open and accountable;
- to be democratic and inclusive;
- to work for the best interest of those represented;
- to agree consultation processes for particular issues;
- to agree on solutions and then work towards making them happen;
- to agree decisions with the Council and members and record them so that everyone knows what is to happen and why those decisions were made;
- to make sure that all tenants represented know and understand what decisions have been made and the reasons for those decisions.
A Registered Tenant Organisation (RTO) will be informed of any proposals and the likely effect of such proposals on those living in their area.
|Local RTO||Contact name||Contact details|
|Letham Residents Association||Laura Anderson|
|Perth Homeless Voice Associationemail@example.com|
|Perth and Kinross Tenants & Residents Federation||Derek Wilkie, Chairperson and Secretary|
|Tulloch Community Group|
|Making Where We Live Better (Learning Disabled Housing Group)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
If you wish to contact any of the above organisations please telephone 01738 476165 or email email@example.com.