The transport planning team is responsible for the strategic planning and development of the transport network for Perth and Kinross. This involves all modes of travel, such as the sustainable modes of walking and cycling as well as public transport and the private car and both freight and passenger transport. In short, the team ensures that Perth and Kinross keeps moving, ensuring that we can have a prosperous economy and a healthy, socially inclusive society with well educated and informed citizens.
The team's remit includes:
- Transport provision from a Policy and Strategy level informing related statutory plans through to Road Construction Consent process in relation to individual planning consents resulting in adoption and inclusion in the Council's Asset Management plans
- Development of major transport projects identified as supporting aspirations contained within the Single Outcome Agreement
- Development of transport policy within the Council area ensuring that policies and strategies are in line with the Scottish Government's National Transport Strategy (NTS) and the Regional Transport Partnership's (RTP) . This involves close partnership working with both Scottish Government agencies such as Transport Scotland and TACTRAN.
- Transportation input into the Development Management process, working in close liaison with planners, urban designers, other colleagues within the Council and the private sector
- Processing all technical matters relating to Roads Construction Consent including assessment of detail, standards and supervision of works together with Street Naming and Numbering and minor events management