Organising outdoor events
With more than 1,400 acres of parks and public spaces in and around Perth and Kinross, there is an abundance of choice for those wishing to organise an outdoor event.
Parks and open spaces available for hire
Below is a list of all the parks and open spaces which are available for hire in Perth and Kinross. Each site has a map within the link.
- Powrie Park, Abernethy [62Kb]
- Wellmeadow Park, Blairgowrie [89Kb]
- Larghan Park, Coupar Angus [93Kb]
- Macrosty and Taylor Park, Crieff [281Kb]
- Market Park, Crieff [120Kb]
- King George V, Kinross [81Kb]
- Kirkgate Park, Kinross [142Kb]
- Myre Park, Kinross [79Kb]
- Donaldson Park, Milnathort [123Kb]
- North Inch, Perth [506Kb]
- St Magdalene's Hill, Perth [2Mb]
- South Inch and Lesser South Inch, Perth [373Kb]
- Recreation Ground, Pitlochry [89Kb]
- Davie Park, Rattray [116Kb]
Costs and conditions of hire
For organisers of events there are many things to think about. Choosing the right space and organising other facilities at an early stage is essential. The forms and information below will help you to book one of the above areas for your event.
- Parks Events Application Form (Nov 14) [190Kb]
- Conditions of hire [140Kb]
- Application for supply of toilets [167Kb]
- 5 steps to Risk Assessment [114Kb]
|Commercial Bookings - North Inch - per day||£345 (including VAT)|
|Commercial Bookings - South Inch - per day||£345 ( including VAT)|
|Commercial Bookings - Lesser South Inch - per day||£345 (including VAT)|
|Commercial Bookings - All other parks and Open Spaces - per day||£142 (including VAT)|
|NEW Small enterprise Commercial Event - per day||£58 (including VAT)|
|Balloon Flights||£23 (including VAT)|
|Caravan Rallies - Per Unit Per Night||£7 (including VAT)|
|Liberation of Pigeons - per vehicle||£25 (including VAT)|
i) The charge includes days taken to set up and take down events.
ii) There will be a £515 refundable deposit for smaller events to deter fly posting and pay for any cost incurred by the council should any fly posting need to be removed.
iii) NEW There will be a £5000 refundable bond for larger events to cover any reinstatement works.
iv) NEW 25% of all parking charges levied by event organisers will be passed to the Council where vehicles have been parked on public greenspace
Some none-commercial bookings will incur an administration charge, which is below the level of commercial charges and related to expected attendance. This will be:
a) Up to 100 persons - £0.00
b) 101- 500 persons - £57.00
c) 501 - 1000 persons - £85.00
d) Over 1000 persons - £114.00
For further information, please contact our Parks, Facilities and Events Officer on 01738 475393 or email to email@example.com
Community Run Parks
Methven Park is owned by the people of Methven and run by a volunteer management committee. Please contact the Parks Management Committee direct to book this park.