Sex shop licence

A sex shop licence is needed for any premises, vehicle, vessel or stall used for a business which consists to a significant degree of selling, hiring or exchanging, lending, display or demonstrating sex articles.

View the icon guidance note [23Kb] for more information.

How much does a licence cost?

The application fee payable depends on the length of licence that you want.  A one year licence is £240 and a three year licence is £295.

The fees change every year so check with the licensing office before you send payment.

How do I apply?

Download the icon Application for a Sex Shop Licence [433Kb] and return to Perth & Kinross Council, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth  PH1 5GD along with your payment.

You will also need a icon Site Notice - Sex Shop [271Kb] and icon Compliance Note - Sex Shop Licence [269Kb].

What happens if the Council fails to make a decision on my application within 6 months (180 days)?

The licence will be granted or renewed.


Contact details

Civic Licensing (applications and payments)

Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
Tel 01738 475180