Find out changes to our services and advice in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Mobile food units

Street traders are required to obtain a certificate of compliance to confirm that the vehicle complies with legal structural requirements.  In order to obtain a Certificate of Compliance under Section 39 of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982, the mobile food unit must be inspected by the Food Authority which has registered that food business/mobile food unit. 

In order to apply for a certificate or a renewal of a certificate, you are required to complete and return the icon Certificate of Compliance application form [205Kb].  Perth and Kinross Council, in line with other Local Authorities, have introduced a charge from 1st April 2020 of £100 for the certificate.  Once the application form is received and payment made, you will be contacted to arrange an inspection of the vehicle.

A certificate once issued will expire after 3 years. 

Please note that inspection for a Certificate of Compliance and issue of certificate does not preclude the subsequent inspection of the mobile food unit by any Food Authority while the unit is trading.

The icon Mobile Traders Food Hygiene National Standard [408Kb] provides further detail.