Council Meeting - 2 October 2013
A Meeting of Perth and Kinross Council will be held in the Council Chambers, Fourth Floor, Council Building, 2 High Street, Perth on Wednesday 2 October 2013 at 2.00pm.
1. Welcome and Apologies
2. Declarations of Interest
3. Minute of Council Meeting of 26 June 2013 for approval and signature
4. Notice of Motion
Expanding the Democratic Process - Motion by Councillors W Robertson and W Wilson
The Scottish Liberal Democratic group would like to see the democratic process within the Council be made more accessible to the citizens of Perth and Kinross.
We see the potential introduction of webcam technology as being a major advance in opening up the Councils' decision making process. It would allow residents in all areas of Perth and Kinross to follow meetings of the Council via the internet and see how decisions which will affect them are reached.
With that in mind we ask that officers be tasked with exploring the use of webcam technology.
We ask that a report be brought forward on how this technology can be best used to broadcast and record important decision making meetings of the Council.
5. Minutes of meetings of Committees from 19 June 2013 to 18 September 2013
6. Minute of meeting of the Community Planning Partnership of 20 June 2013 for noting
7. Audited Statement of Accounts 2012/13 [1Mb] - Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 13/474) (Pages 445-550)
8. Update of Medium Term Financial Plan [4Mb] - Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 13/475) (Pages 15-38)
9. Treasury Activity and Compliance Report - 2013/14 Quarter 1 [401Kb] - Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 13/476) (Pages 39-58)
10. Annual Treasury Report 2012/13 [399Kb] - Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 13/477) (Pages 59-74)
11. Tayside Fire and Rescue Board - Audited Statement of Accounts 2012/13 [3Mb] -Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 13/478) (Pages 75-218)
12. Organised to Deliver: Implementing the Community Plan / Single Outcome Agreement 2013/23 [414Kb] - Joint Report by J Fyffe and D Burke, Depute Chief Executive's (copy herewith 13/479) (Pages 219-234)
13. Preparing for the 2014 Ryder Cup, and other 2014 Celebrations [951Kb] - Report by the Chief Executive (copy herewith 13/480) (Pages 235-296)
14. Child Protection Committee Standards and Quality Report 2012/13 [1Mb] - Joint Report by the Chief Executive and the Executive Director (Education and Children's Services) (copy herewith 13/481) (Pages 297-360)
Note: The above report will also be submitted to the meeting of the Scrutiny Committee on 27 November 2013.
15. Review of Parliamentary Constituency Polling Districts and Polling Places [2Mb] - Report by the Head of Democratic Services (copy herewith 13/482) (Pages 361-384)
16. Local Review Body - Standing Orders and Note on Guidance Procedures [712Kb] - Report by Head of Democratic Services (copy herewith 13/483) (Pages 385-418)
17. Approving the Process for the Selection of Tenant Representatives to Attend Future Housing and Health Committees [297Kb] - Report by Executive Director (Housing and Community Care) (copy herewith 13/484) (Pages 419-424)
18. Non-Council Representation on Lifelong Learning Committee and Scrutiny Committee [301Kb] - Report by Head of Democratic Services (copy herewith 13/485) (Pages 425-432)
19. Timetable of Meetings - 2014 and Indicative Timetables 2015-2017 [478Kb] - Report by Head of Democratic Services (copy herewith 13/486) (Pages 433-444)
20. Perth City Development Board
At the previous meeting of the Council on 26 June 2013 (Article 416 refers), in addition to the Leader of the Council and the Convener of the Enterprise and Infrastructure Committee, it was agreed that three elected members comprising one from each of Wards 10, 11 and 12 be appointed to the Perth City Development Board.
Subsequently, the Head of Democratic Services has received the following nominations:
Ward 10 - Councillors A Stewart and W Wilson
Ward 11 - Councillor D Doogan
Ward 12 - Councillor A MacLellan
The Council is asked to appoint one elected member in respect of Ward 10.
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THE PUBLIC AND PRESS SHOULD BE EXCLUDED DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM IN ORDER TO AVOID THE DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WHICH IS EXEMPT IN TERMS OF SCHEDULE 7A TO THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT (SCOTLAND) ACT 1973
P1. Securing the Future for Culture and Leisure Services - Report by Executive Director (Education and Children's Services) (13/498)