Council Meeting - 25 February 2015
A Meeting of Perth and Kinross Council will be held in the Gannochy Suite, First Floor, Dewar's Centre, Glover Street, Perth on Wednesday 25 February 2015 at 2.00pm.
The agenda for the Council includes consideration of one national planning application for which, under Paragraph 27.1(a) of The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (Scotland) Regulations 2008, a pre-determination hearing is required to be held prior to the application being presented to the Council for determination. Should it be necessary, on account of representations having been received, the Council will first convene at 2.00pm as a Pre-Determination Committee to hear the representations lodged in terms of the Planning Etc (Scotland) Act 2006. The agenda for the meeting of the Pre-Determination Committee will be issued under separate cover. Only those elected members who attend the Pre-Determination Committee to hear arguments for and against a planning application can participate in the determination of the application at the Council.
If you have any queries please contact Yvonne Oliver on (01738) 475125 or Gillian Taylor on (01738) 475135.
Provost E Grant and all Councillors
1. Welcome and Apologies
2. Declarations of Interest
3. Minute of Meeting of 17 December 2014 for approval and signature
4. Minutes of meetings of Committees from 9 December 2014 to 4 February 2015
5. Perth and Kinross Community Planning Partnership
(i) Minute of meeting of the Perth and Kinross Community Planning Partnership Board of 28 November 2014
(ii) Briefing Note by Executive Lead Officer [326Kb] (copy herewith 15/89) (Pages 13-16)
6. Renewal of Permission 12/00948/FLM - Erection of a new 400/275KV electricity substation and associated works including landscaping and access tracks on Land 450 Metres North West of Haughend Farm by Meigle [2Mb] - Report of Handling by Development Quality Manager (copy herewith 15/90) (Pages 17-60)
7. The Local Authority Accounts (Scotland) Regulations 2014 [3Mb] - Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 15/91) (Pages 61-80)
8. Treasury and Investment Strategy and Prudential Indicators 2015/16 - 2020/21 [258Kb] - Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 15/92) (Pages 81-114)
9. Treasury Activity and Compliance Report 2014/15 Quarter 3 [214Kb] - Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 15/93) (Pages 115-134)
10. Local Government Benchmarking Framework Variance and Comparison Report 2013/14 [330Kb] - Joint Report by Depute Director (Environment) and Head of Finance (copy herewith 15/94) (Pages 135-154)
11. Final Report of the Fifth Scrutiny Review of Charging for Services [617Kb] - Report by Convener of Scrutiny Committee (copy herewith 15/65) (Pages 155-188)
Note: The above report was approved by the Scrutiny Committee on 11 February 2015.
12. Child Sexual Exploitation [261Kb] - Report by Executive Director (Education and Children's Services) (copy herewith 15/95) (Pages 189-216
13. Dundee, Perth, Angus and North Fife Strategic Development Planning Authority (SDPA) - TAYPlan Proposed Strategic Development Plan and Action Programme 2016-2036 [24Mb] - Report by Executive Director (Environment) (copy herewith 15/101)
14. Public Realm Enhancements - Mill Street, Perth and Associated Vennels Compulsory Purchase Order [786Kb] - Report by Executive Director (Environment) (copy herewith 15/96) (Pages 217-236)
15. Perth Transport Futures Project - Phase 1 A9/A85 to Bertha Park - Appropriation of Open Space (Perth Crematorium) [3Mb] - Report by Executive Director (Environment) (copy herewith 15/97))
16. Local Government Boundary Commission for Scotland - Administrative Review of Local Government Area Boundary between Fife Council Area and Perth and Kinross Council Area [529Kb] - Letter dated 14 January 2015 from the Local Government Boundary Commission for Scotland (copy herewith 15/98) (Pages 287-296)
17. Review of Parliamentary Constituency Polling Districts and Polling Places [625Kb] - Report by Head of Democratic Services (copy herewith 15/99) (Pages 297-304)
18. Changes to Membership
(i) Enterprise and Infrastructure Committee
The Council is asked to appoint Councillor H Anderson to the Enterprise and Infrastructure Committee to replace Councillor A Younger.
19. Appointments to External Bodies
(i) Perth Prison Visiting Committee
In terms of the Prisons (Scotland) Act 1989, the Council is asked to agree to appoint Mrs Virginia Ann Cardwell Moore and Mr Alan Henry Wylie as non-Council members of the Perth Prison Visiting Committee.
(ii) Tayside Pension Fund - Establishment of Local Pension Board
Members are advised that there are new governance requirements for the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) which necessitate the setting up of a Local Pension Board for the Tayside Pension Fund. Dundee City Council, as administering authority for the Fund, have asked Perth and Kinross Council to appoint an elected member as an employer representative to the Local Pension Board.
20. Scheme of Administration
Members are asked to note that the revised Scheme of Administration is available to view on the Council website via the link below:-
21. Changes to Timetable of Meetings 2015
The Council is asked to agree to the following diary changes:
(i) A special meeting of the Council to be held on Wednesday 25 March 2015 at 10.00am (to consider approval of the final Health and Social Care Integration Scheme).
(ii) The Environment Committee meeting scheduled to be held on Wednesday 25 March 2015 at 10.00am be held after the Enterprise and Infrastructure Committee scheduled for 2.00pm that day.
(iii) The meetings of the Council and the Common Good Fund Committees scheduled to be held on Wednesday 29 April 2015 be postponed until Wednesday 13 May 2015.
(iv) The Development Management Committee meeting scheduled to be held on Wednesday 13 May 2015 be held on Tuesday 12 May 2015 at 10.00am.
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THE PUBLIC AND PRESS SHOULD BE EXCLUDED DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM IN ORDER TO AVOID THE DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WHICH IS EXEMPT IN TERMS OF SCHEDULE 7A TO THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT (SCOTLAND) ACT 1973
P1. Perth Harbour - Expressions of Interest - Report by Executive Director (Environment) (copy issued under separate cover)