Council Meeting - 7 May 2014
A Meeting of Perth and Kinross Council will be held in the Council Chambers, Fourth Floor, Council Building, 2 High Street, Perth on Wednesday 7 May 2014 at 2.00pm.
Provost Grant and All Councillors.
1. Welcome and Apologies
2. Declarations of Interest
(i) Minute of special meeting of 13 February 2014 for approval and signature
(ii) Minute of meeting of 26 February 2014 for approval and signature
(iii) Minute of special meeting of 23 April 2014 for approval and signature
4. Minutes of meetings of Committees from 11 February 2014 - 23 April 2014 (copy issued under separate cover)
5. Perth and Kinross Community Planning Partnership Board - Verbal Update by Executive Lead Officer
6. Treasury Activity and Compliance Report - 2013/14 - Quarter 4 [2Mb] - Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 14/191) (Pages 43-62)
7. Perth Transport Futures Project - Phase 1 A9/A85 to Bertha Park [1Mb] - Report by Executive Director (Environment) (copy herewith 14/192) (Pages 63-74)
8. Options Appraisal for Establishment of a New Secondary School for Perth City [1Mb] - Joint Report by Executive Director (Education and Children's Services), Executive Director (Environment) and Head of Finance (copy herewith 14/193) (Pages 75-126)
9. Public Service Reform - Building on Strong Foundations [2Mb] - Joint Report by Executive Director (Housing and Community Care) and Executive Director (Education and Children Services) (copy herewith 14/194) (Pages 127-150)
10. Assurance and Improvement Plan Update 2014-17 [6Mb] - Report by Chief Executive (copy herewith) (copy herewith 14/195) (Pages 151-186)
11. Local Government Benchmarking Framework Variance and Comparison Report 2012-13 [2Mb] - Joint Report by Depute Director (Environment) and Head of Finance (copy herewith 14/182) (Pages 187-212)
12. Amendments to Scheme of Administration
The Council is asked to agree the following changes to the Scheme of Administration:-
Part 2 - General Provision Relating to Committees
12 Strategic Policy and Resources Committee
Paragraph 12.2.13 - Additional Paragraph:
Contracting, Tendering and Procurement
To consider reports relating to the activities of the Council's Corporate Procurement Team and Tayside Procurement Consortium.
Part 3 - Delegation to Officials
19 Head of Democratic Services
Paragraphs 19.11-13 - Amend to read as follows:
To exercise the functions of the Council in respect of the relevant area of the Tayside Area Support Team and the Panel or Panels appointed under the Children's Hearings (Scotland) Act 2011, including arrangements for training of relevant members of said Area Support Team and Panel or Panels.
To exercise the functions of the Council in respect of the arrangements for the appointment of legal representatives to children under the Children's Hearings (Legal Representation) (Scotland) Rules 2002 and Children's Hearings (Scotland) Act 2011.
23 Executive Director (Environment)
Paragraph 23.11 - Amend to include:
High Hedges (Scotland) Act 2013
Paragraph 23.23 - Amend to read:
To exercise the functions of the Council in terms of the following and all related subordinate legislation.
Flood Prevention (Scotland) Act 1961
Flood Risk Management (Scotland) Act 2009
Flood Risk Management (Flood Protection Schemes, Potentially Vulnerable Areas and Local Plan Districts) (Scotland) Regulations 2010
Paragraph 24.31 - Amend to read:
To determine requests between £2,001 and £50,000 under the Financial Assistance to the Voluntary Sector Revenue Budget and the Community Environment Challenge Fund.
24 Executive Director (Housing and Community Care)
Paragraph 24.4 - Amend to read:
To exercise the functions of the Council in terms of the following Acts and all related subordinate legislation:-
Anti Social Behaviour etc (Scotland) Act 2004
Council Tax (General) Regulations 1992
Crime & Disorder Act (Chapter ii), and Anti-Social Behaviour etc (Scotland) Act 2004
Housing Act 1988
Housing Benefit (General) Regulations 1987
Housing (Scotland) Acts 1987, 1988, 2001,2006 (with the exception of Part 5 Houses in Multiple Occupation) and 2010
Land Compensation (Scotland) Act 1973
Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993
Local Government (Scotland) Act 1975
Local Government Finance Act 1992,
Local Government etc (Scotland) Act 1994
Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000
Paragraph 24.8 - Additional Paragraph:
To award Rates relief in accordance with legislation and the Council's agreed discretionary policies.
Appendix 1 Perth and Kinross Council Corporate Rules and Standards
The lead officer for the relevant corporate rules and standards document is responsible for the monitoring, revision and implementation across all Council services of the document.