Council Meeting - 26 February 2014
A Meeting of Perth and Kinross Council will be held in the Council Chambers, Fourth Floor, Council Building, 2 High Street, Perth on Wednesday 26 February 2014 at 2.00pm.
Provost E Grant and All Councillors.
1. Welcome and Apologies
2. Declarations of Interest
(i) Minute of meeting of 11 December 2013 for approval and signature (copy herewith)
(ii) Minute of special meeting of 18 December 2013 for approval and signature (copy herewith)
4. Minutes of meetings of Committees from 27 November 2013 - 12 February 2014 (copy issued under separate cover)
5. Perth and Kinross Community Planning Partnership Board - Verbal Update by Executive Lead Officer
6. Treasury Activity and Compliance Report - 2013/14 - Quarter 3 [2Mb] - Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 14/76) (Pages 11-30)
7. Treasury and Investment Strategy and Prudential Indicators 2014/15 - 2020/21 [3Mb] - Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 14/77) (Pages 31-64)
8. Employability Strategy and Action Plan - Annual Report 2013 [2Mb] - Report by Executive Director (Environment) (copy herewith 14/78) (Pages 65-90)
9. Chief Social Work Officer Annual Report 2013 [486Kb] - Report by Chief Social Work Officer (copy herewith) (copy herewith 14/79) (Pages 91-144)
10. Final Report of the Fourth Scrutiny Review of Member Officer Groups [245Kb] - Report by Convener of Scrutiny Committee (copy herewith 14/87) (Pages 145-168)
Note: The terms of the above report were approved by the Scrutiny Committee on 27 November 2013.
11. Dundee, Perth, Angus and North Fife Strategic Development Plan Authority (SDPA) - TAYPlan Main Issues Report
At its meeting on 25 February 2014, the Joint Committee of the TAYPlan SDPA will consider the following documents as a basis for public consultation -
Main Issues Report (MIR)
Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)
Equality Impact Assessment
In terms of the Joint Committee's constitution, the MIR and supporting documents require to be ratified by the four constituent Councils by 3 April 2014, to allow public consultation to commence on 15 April 2014. Also, this Council has to agree to publish the SEA.
In terms of the Council's Scheme of Administration, the functions of the Council with regard to the Joint Committee of the TAYPlan SDPA are excluded from the terms of reference of the Enterprise and Infrastructure Committee. However, in order to meet the publication timescales, the Council is asked to agree to refer approval of the documents and the publication of the SEA to the Enterprise and Infrastructure Committee. As this Council has to be the last Council to gain approval, the Council is also asked to agree that the meeting of the Enterprise and Infrastructure Committee scheduled to be held on 26 March 2014 be held on 2 April 2014 at 2.00pm.
The consultation period runs from 15 April 2014 until 27 June 2014, and the Council will have the opportunity to comment during that period.
12. Local Government Boundary Commission for Scotland - Fifth Statutory Review of Electoral Arrangements
The Council has been advised that the Commission is about to commence the above review and that draft proposals will be published on 21 February 2014. The Commission will be meeting with the Chief Executive, the Leader of the Council and other Group Leaders on 27 February 2014 to discuss the proposals for the Perth and Kinross Council area. As the statutory 2 month consultation period on the proposals will end on 23 April 2014, and the next scheduled Council meeting is on 7 May 2014, the Council is asked to authorise the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Provost, the Leader of the Council and other Group Leaders, to make arrangements for a special meeting of the Council to be called before 23 April 2014 if required.