Council Meeting - 1 May 2013
A Meeting of Perth and Kinross Council will be held in the Council Chambers, Fourth Floor, Council Building, 2 High Street, Perth on Wednesday 1 May 2013 at 2.00pm.
Provost Grant and All Councillors
1. Declarations of Interest
(i) Minute of special meeting of Council of 14 February 2013 for approval and signature
(ii) Minute of meeting of Council of 27 February 2013 for approval and signature
3. Minutes of meetings of Committees from 14 February 2013 - 17 April 2013 (copy issued under separate cover)
4. Perth City Plan [6Mb] - Report by Executive Director (Environment) (copy herewith 13/216)
5. Approval of the Local Fire and Rescue Plan for Perth and Kinross [2Mb] - Report by Executive Director (Housing and Community Care) (copy herewith 13/217)
6. Approval of the Local Policing Plan for Perth and Kinross [686Kb] - Report by Executive Director (Housing and Community Care) (copy herewith 13/218)
7. Assurance and Improvement Plan Update - 2013-2016 [756Kb] - Report by Chief Executive (copy herewith 13/219)
8. Responding to Challenges and Change - Audit Scotland's Overview of Local Government in Scotland 2013 [1Mb] - Report by Chief Executive (copy herewith 13/220)
9. Improving Community Planning in Scotland - Audit Scotland Report [599Kb] - Report by Chief Executive (copy herewith 13/221)
10. Treasury Activity and Compliance Report - 2012/13 Quarter 4 [395Kb] - Report by the Head of Finance (copy herewith 13/222)
11. Fire Reform - Transitional Finance Arrangements [302Kb] - Report by the Head of Finance (copy herewith 13/223)
12. Audit Committee Role and Remit [342Kb] - Report by the Chief Internal Auditor (copy herewith 13/224)
13. Executive Directors Appointments Sub-Committee of the Strategic Policy and Resources Committee
The Council is advised that David Burke, Depute Chief Executive and Executive Director (Housing and Community Care), intends to retire from the Council on 2 April 2014.
The Scheme of Administration provides for the establishment of an Executive Directors Appointments Sub-Committee of the Strategic Policy and Resources Committee comprising 4 members of the Committee and the Convener of the appropriate Committee, together with the Chief Executive.
The appropriate convener would be the convener of the Housing and Health Committee, Councillor David Doogan, and the Council is asked to appoint 4 members of the Strategic Policy and Resources Committee to the Sub-Committee.
14. Changes to Committee Membership
(i) Scrutiny Committee
The Council is asked to appoint Councillor A Munro to the Scrutiny Committee to replace Councillor A MacLellan.
15. Amendments to Scheme of Administration
The Council is asked to agree the following changes to the Scheme of Administration -
(i) Part 2 - Provisions Relating to Committees
10 Lifelong Learning Committee - Executive Sub-Committee
Paragraph 10.3 - Amend to read:
Comprising five members of the Council and three non-Council members when considering educational matters.
Terms of Reference
It shall be delegated to the Sub-Committee:-
1. to decide any matter which would normally be decided by the Committee, but which, be reason of urgency, requires to be decided prior to the next scheduled meeting of the Committee.
2. to consider Education Scotland reports on individual schools, pre-school partner providers and community learning;
3. to consider Care Inspectorate reports in relation to services for children and young people; care home services; fostering and adoption services; support services; housing support; and, by exception, on the day care of children, where Perth and Kinross Council is the registered provider and including partner providers.
11 Scrutiny Committee
Terms of Reference
Scrutiny of Service Delivery
Paragraph 11.2 - Amend to read:
4. To consider trends in Education Scotland reports on individual schools, pre-school partner providers and community learning
5. To consider trends in reports on inspections carried out by the Care Inspectorate;
(ii) Part 3 - Delegation to Officials
16 General Provisions Regarding Delegation to all Officials
Paragraph 16.8 - Amend to read 'The Chief Executive or any Executive Director is authorised to enter into contracts on behalf of the Council in accordance with the Council's Contract Rules and Contract & Procurement Guidance.'
24 Executive Director (Housing and Community Care)
Paragraph 24.11 - Additional paragraph - 'To exercise the functions on behalf of the Council in relation to the operation of the Tayside Procurement Consortium.'
16. Appointments to Outside Bodies
(i) Morrison's Academy Board
The Council is asked to agree that Councillor M Lyle replace Councillor B Vaughan as the Council's nominee to the Morrison's Academy Board.