Council Meeting - 24 February 2016
A Meeting of Perth and Kinross Council will be held in the Gannochy Suite, First Floor, Dewar's Centre, Glover Street, Perth on Wednesday 24 February 2016 at 2.00pm.
If you have any queries please contact Scott Hendry on (01738) 475126 or Gillian Taylor on (01738) 475135.
Provost E Grant and All Councillors.
1. Welcome and Apologies
2. Declarations of Interest
3. Minute of Meeting of 16 December 2015 for approval and signature
4. Notice of Motion
Recent Extreme Weather and Flooding Events
Motion by Councillors A Parrott and A MacLellan
Council recognises the dedication and hard work of Perth and Kinross Council staff and the staff of all other agencies involved in preparing for, monitoring and alleviating the effects of the extreme weather and flooding experienced in recent weeks and thanks all involved for their very great efforts on behalf of the local community.
Council understands the effectiveness of the Perth City flood defences in sparing the city from possibly repeated and large scale inundation in recent weeks and pays tribute to all those in the past who contributed to the planning, funding and construction of the city's present flood defences.
Council expresses sympathy for all those in Perth and Kinross whose homes and businesses have suffered flood damage in recent weeks and will offer as much support as possible for both recovery measures and further measures to help prevent future flooding.
Council recognises the possible impact of climate change on the weather patterns now being experienced and will continue to ensure that proper regard is given to climate change issues in all matters coming before Council.
4(i). Minutes of meetings of Committees from 2 December 2015 to 10 February 2016
5. Perth and Kinross Community Planning Partnership [380Kb] - Briefing Note by Executive Lead Officer (copy herewith 16/66) (Pages 9-12)
6. Treasury Activity and Compliance Report 2015/16 Quarter 3 [186Kb] - Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 16/67) (Pages 13-32)
7. Treasury and Investment Strategy and Prudential Indicators 2016/17 - 2020/21 [232Kb] - Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 16/68) (Pages 33-60)
8. Local Government Benchmarking Framework - Variance and Comparison Report 2014/15 [865Kb] - Report by Depute Chief Executive, Environment (Sustainability, Strategic & Entrepreneurial Development) (copy herewith 16/69) (Pages 61-98)
9. Employee Engagement Survey 2015 [610Kb] - Report by Depute Chief Executive, HCC, (Corporate and Community Development Services) and Chief Operating Officer (copy herewith 16/70) (Pages 99-110)
10. Perth City Plan [10Mb] - Report by Depute Chief Executive, Environment, (Sustainability, Strategic and Entrepreneurial Development) (copy herewith 16/71) (Pages 111-174)
11. Securing the Future for Culture and Sport: Implementation Update [530Kb] - Report by Senior Depute Chief Executive, ECS (Equality, Community Planning and Public Service Reform) (copy herewith 16/72) (Pages 175-188)
12. Community Justice Partnership Proposal [541Kb] - Report by Director (Housing and Community Care) (copy herewith 16/73) (Pages 189-218)
13. Working in Localities to Tackle Inequality [258Kb] - Joint Report by Senior Depute Chief Executive, ECS (Equality, Community Planning and Public Service Reform) and Depute Chief Executive, HCC, (Corporate and Community Development Services) and Chief Operating Officer (copy herewith 16/74) (Pages 219-236)
14. Perth and Kinross Integrated Joint Board - Scrutiny and Accountability Framework [696Kb] - Report by Head of Legal and Governance (copy herewith 16/75) (Pages 237-252)
15. Appointments to Committees / Outside Bodies
(i) Scrutiny Committee
The Council is asked to appoint a replacement for Councillor R Brock on the Scrutiny Committee.
(ii) Culture and Sport Advisory Group
At the meeting of the Lifelong Learning Committee of 27 January 2016, the remit and membership of the Culture and Sport Advisory Group was approved (Report 16/21 refers). It was agreed that the Group would be formally convened by an elected member, supported by the Head of Public Service Reform, Culture and Community Development.
The Council is asked to appoint an elected member to the Culture and Sport Advisory Group.
(iii) Planning Policy and Practice Member/Officer Working Group
The Council is asked to agree that Councillor I Campbell replace Councillor A Livingstone on the Planning Policy and Practice Member/Officer Working Group.
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THE PUBLIC AND PRESS SHOULD BE EXCLUDED DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM IN ORDER TO AVOID THE DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WHICH IS EXEMPT IN TERMS OF SCHEDULE 7A TO THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT (SCOTLAND) ACT 1973
P1. UK City of Culture 2021 - Update and Next Steps - Joint Report by Senior Depute Chief Executive, ECS (Equality, Community Planning and Public Service Reform) and Depute Chief Executive, Environment, (Sustainability, Strategic and Entrepreneurial Development)
P2. Developing the Cultural Offer in Perth and Kinross - Update and Next Steps - Report by Senior Depute Chief Executive, ECS (Equality, Community Planning and Public Service Reform)
P3. Perth City Hall - Report by Depute Chief Executive, Environment, (Sustainability, Strategic and Entrepreneurial Development)