Council Meeting - 1 July 2015
A Meeting of Perth and Kinross Council will be held in the Gannochy Suite, First Floor, Dewar's Centre, Glover Street, Perth on Wednesday 1 July 2015 at 1.00pm.
If you have any queries please contact Scott Hendry on (01738) 475126 or Gillian Taylor on (01738) 475135.
Provost Grant and All Councillors.
1. Welcome and Apologies
2. Declarations of Interest
3. Minute of Meeting of 13 May 2015 for approval and signature
4. Minutes of meetings of Committees from 28 April 2015 to 17 June 2015
5. Councillor Ann Cowan
Members of the Council may be aware that Councillor Ann Cowan has had a period of ill-health. She last attended a meeting of the authority on 12 February 2015 when she attended the meeting of the Council that day.
Section 35 of the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973 states that if a member of a local authority fails throughout a period of six consecutive months to attend any meeting of the authority, he shall, unless the failure was due to some reason approved by the authority, cease to be a member of the authority.
It is understood that Councillor Cowan's continuing ill-health may preclude her from attending a meeting of the authority before 12 August 2015 i.e. the end of the period of 6 consecutive months from 12 February 2015. Accordingly, the Council is asked to approve Councillor Cowan's ill-health as the reason for her failure to attend any meetings of the Council since 12 February 2015.
6. Perth and Kinross Community Planning Partnership
(i) Minute of meeting of the Perth and Kinross Community Planning Partnership Board of 13 February 2015 [139Kb] (copy herewith) (Pages 7-14)
(ii) Briefing Note by Executive Lead Officer [385Kb] (copy herewith 15/291) (Pages 15-18)
7. Medium Term Financial Plan 2016-2021 [2Mb] - Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 15/276) (Pages 19-48)
8. Building Ambition: The Council's Transformation Strategy 2015-2020 and Organisational Development Framework [6Mb] - Report by Chief Executive (copy herewith 15/292) (Pages 49-98)
9. Perth City Plan [11Mb] - Report by Executive Director (Environment) (copy herewith 15/298)
10. Developing the Cultural Offer for Perth and Kinross [1Mb] - Joint Report by Executive Director (Education and Children's Services) and Executive Director (Environment) (copy herewith 15/293) (Pages 99-110)
11. Perth City Hall [4Mb] - Report by Executive Director (Environment) (copy herewith 15/294) (Pages 111-158)
12. Securing the Future for Culture and Sport [2Mb] - Report by Executive Director (Education and Children's Services) (copy herewith 15/295) (Pages 159-186)
13. Unaudited Annual Accounts 2014/15 [2Mb] - Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 15/277) (Pages 187-288)
14. Annual Treasury Report 2014/15 [3Mb] - Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 15/296) (Pages 289-318)
15. Proposed Timetable of Meetings 2016 and Indicative Timetable 2017 [1Mb] - Report by Head of Democratic Services (copy herewith 15/297) (Pages 319-330)
16. Appointment to Member/Officer Working Group
(i) Equality and Diversity Member/Officer Working Group
The Council is asked to agree that Councillor M Williamson be appointed to the Equality and Diversity Member/Officer Working Group.
17. Appointments to Outside Bodies
(i) Tay Foundation
The Council is asked to agree that Councillor M Williamson replace Councillor G Laing on the Tay Foundation.
(ii) JD Fergusson Arts Awards Trust
The Council is asked to agree that Councillor A Parrott be appointed to the JD Fergusson Arts Awards Trust.
(iii) Friends of Haikou - Management Committee
The Council is asked to agree that Councillor C Gillies be appointed to the Friends of Haikou Management Committee.
(iv) Perth and Kinross Society for the Blind - Board of Trustees
The Council is asked to agree that Councillor A Munro be appointed to the Perth and Kinross Society for the Blind Board of Trustees.
(v) Perth Civic Trust
The Council is asked to agree that Councillor A Munro be appointed to the Perth Civic Trust.
(vi) Thomas Barclay Trust
The Council is asked to agree that Councillor A Munro be appointed to the Thomas Barclay Trust.
(vii) Older Persons Champion
The Council is asked to appoint a member to undertake the role of Older Persons Champion.