Council Meeting - 18 May 2016
A Meeting of Perth and Kinross Council will be held in the Gannochy Suite, First Floor, Dewar's Centre, Glover Street, Perth on Wednesday 18 May 2016 at 2.00pm.
If you have any queries please contact Scott Hendry on (01738) 475126 or Gillian Taylor on (01738) 475135.
Provost E Grant and All Councillors.
1. Welcome and Apologies
2. Declarations of Interest
(i) Minute of special meeting of 11 February 2016 for approval and signature
(ii) Minute of meeting of 24 February 2016 for approval and signature
4. Notice of Motion
Motion by Councillors A Stewart and L Simpson
This Council wishes to highlight the increasing concern of local businesses both in Perth and other towns in Perth and Kinross about the inability of the current SNP administration to show any meaningful leadership in developing an effective strategy to support businesses, including retail and tourism.
This Council asks the Chief Executive to present a report to the next full meeting of the Council in June clearly identifying measures and timescales that are proposed to address these concerns; this report to form the basis for future consultation with local businesses.
5. Minutes of meetings of Committees from 11 February 2016 to 26 April 2016
6. Perth and Kinross Community Planning Partnership
(i) Minute of meeting of the Perth and Kinross Community Planning Partnership Board of 4 December 2015 [124Kb] (copy herewith) (Pages 43-46)
(ii) Briefing Note by Executive Lead Officer [188Kb] (copy herewith 16/214) (Pages 47-54)
7. Treasury Activity and Compliance Report 2015/16 Quarter 4 [187Kb] - Report by Head of Finance (copy herewith 16/215) (Pages 55-72)
8. Building Ambition: A Workforce for the 21st Century [481Kb] - Report by Depute Chief Executive, HCC, (Corporate and Community Development Services) and Chief Operating Officer (copy herewith 16/216) (Pages 73-96)
9. Fair Work Framework [197Kb] - Report by Depute Chief Executive, HCC, (Corporate and Community Development Services) and Chief Operating Officer (copy herewith 16/217) (Pages 97-104)
10. Establishing a Fairness Commission [186Kb] - Report by Senior Depute Chief Executive, ECS (Equality, Community Planning & Public Services Reform) (copy herewith 16/218) (Pages 105-114)
11. Progress Report on Implementation of Health and Social Integration Joint Board in Perth and Kinross [205Kb] - Report by Depute Chief Executive, HCC, (Corporate and Community Development Services) and Chief Operating Officer (copy herewith 16/219) (Pages 115-128)
12. Audit Scotland's Overview of Local Government in Scotland Report 2016 [3Mb] - Report by Depute Chief Executive, Environment, (Sustainability, Strategic and Entrepreneurial Development) (copy herewith 16/220) (Pages 129-180)
13. Local Scrutiny Plan - 2016/2017 [398Kb] - Report by Depute Chief Executive, Environment, (Sustainability, Strategic and Entrepreneurial Development) (copy herewith 16/221) (Pages 181-194)
14. Appointments to Committee / Outside Bodies
(i) Enterprise and Infrastructure Committee
The Council is asked to agree that Councillor K Baird replace Councillor A Livingstone on the Enterprise and Infrastructure Committee.
(ii) Friends of Bydgoszcz Management Committee
The Council is asked to agree that Councillor D Pover replace Councillor J Kellas on the Friends of Bydgoszcz Management Committee.
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THE PUBLIC AND PRESS SHOULD BE EXCLUDED DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM IN ORDER TO AVOID THE DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WHICH IS EXEMPT IN TERMS OF SCHEDULE 7A TO THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT (SCOTLAND) ACT 1973
P1. Perth Harbour Business Plan and Investment Requirement - Report by Depute Chief Executive, Environment, (Sustainability, Strategic and Entrepreneurial Development)