Find out changes to our services and advice in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Private landlords - advice and support

Details for private landlords to register and renew their licence

All private landlords letting properties must apply for and gain registration in Scotland.

How to register, renew or update your registration

You can apply, renew and update your registration online on the Landlord Registration Scotland website.

Alternatively, download a copy of the icon landlord registration application form [246Kb] or request a paper application from the Landlord Registration team at  

Please refer to the icon application guidance notes [197Kb] when completing the application form. If you have more than one property you will need to complete an icon additional property sheet [264Kb] for each additional property. You must send a cheque to cover your fees due with the application form.

How long does my registration last?

Registration lasts for 3 years from the date of approval by Perth & Kinross Council.

How to renew

The icon Landlord Registration Renewal FAQs [135Kb] may be able to answer any queries you have.

  • Registration of Landlord - £67
  • Registration of Properties - £15 each
  • Late application fee - £133

All joint owners are free. Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) Licence Holders are free for properties in Perth and Kinross.

Where to send payment / forms

All payments and correspondence must be sent directly to Landlord Registration, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth   PH1 5GD.

If you are a landlord and you have applied for registration, please remember you must notify us if your contact details change and to add any new properties to your registration when you let them out


A landlord who has not registered or applied for registration is committing a criminal offence and could be subject to a criminal conviction and a fine of up to £50,000.

Management Service

Perth & Kinross Council also offer a letting, property and tenancy management service to private sector landlords. This initiative is called PKC Lets.

You can download copies of all notices in relation to the new Private Residential Tenancy from the Scottish Government website.

Contact details

Legal and Governance Services

Perth & Kinross Council, 2 High Street, Perth, PH1 5PH
Tel 01738 475102