Find out changes to our services and advice in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Financial Insecurity Fund

We understand that many households are experiencing uncertain times and struggling financially. In response to these issues we have created a fund from our share of the £20 million local authorities received from Scottish Government.

We have created a Financial Insecurity Fund so that you can apply for financial assistance if you have:

  • No Recourse to Public Funds,
  • Priority debts including fuel debt,
  • Broadband debt that prevents you from getting online or you require a data package,
  • Difficulty meeting the essential costs of children under 2-years or or a child of any age with a disability e.g. nappies, milk, wipes etc,
  • Additional costs of living rurally.

Apply Online or call our Customer Service Centre on 0345 30 111 00.

We aim to make decisions on applications within 15 working days.

If you are in crisis and you need money to tide you over until you are next paid then you should apply for a Crisis Grant from the Scottish Welfare Fund.

Contact details

Welfare Rights Team

Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
Tel 01738 476900 (Option 1)