Find out changes to our services and advice in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Universal Credit (UC)

About Universal Credit

Information about Universal Credit (UC)

Severe Disability Premium (SDP) - You could be missing out!

If you were entitled to an SDP within a month before your claim for UC, you may be entitled to an additional element within your UC payment.

New style JSA and new style ESA

Find out if you could be entitled to new style Job Seeker Allowance (NS JSA) or new style Employment and Support Allowance (NS ESA)

How to prepare for Universal Credit

Some things that you will need to do before you make your UC claim

Claiming Universal Credit

Find out how to make your claim for UC

Claiming Council Tax Reduction (CTR)

Find out how to apply for a reduction in your Council Tax whilst in receipt of Universal Credit

Assessment periods

Your personal circumstances will be assessed on a monthly basis to work out the amount of UC you will get. Find out more.

Advance Universal Credit payments

Find out how to request an advance UC payment

Managing Universal Credit payments

UC payments are made monthly in arrears and include rent payments. Find out how to best manage payments for your circumstances

Your UC Journal

Find out more about the UC Journal

Claimant Commitment and UC work coach

The Claimant Commitment sets out what you must do in return for benefit and your work coach is your main contact for your UC claim.

Work Capability Assessments

If you are claiming Universal Credit with a health condition or disability that prevents you from working or ESA, you may be required to attend an assessment to assess your capability for work.

Universal Credit sanctions

If you are getting Universal Credit, your benefit may at some point be sanctioned

Map of bank locations

View a map of bank locations or Credit Unions within Perth and Kinross

Contact details

Welfare Rights Team

Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
Tel 01738 476900 (Option 1)